Thursday, February 19, 2015

Technology in the classroom

So here the deal. I'm a Math teacher at a middle school in Massachusetts. I teach 6th grade math and one section of science. 

I have a lot of technology in my classroom. I have a school issued iPad 2 which is the only piece of equipment that they have given me. My older brother has lent me his AppleTV which I have set up in my classroom. It is connected to my projector which allows me to mirror everything that I have on my iPad screen.

I use an app called Noteability a lot. I use this when I am demonstrating examples. I also project video clips and online news articles. And it is all wireless, which is even more special. I can take my iPad anywhere in the room and sit next to a student who is getting a little noisy or venture on over to another student who wants to solve the problem on the tablet. 

I use a Bamboo stylus, 2nd Generation to write with.

I have been recently using an app called ZipGrade. It allows you to use your iPhone or tablet as a scantron machine. I normally just walk around with my iPhone and scan quizzes as the kids finish. They get an instant score and I get immediate feedback on how the class performed in general with the statistics tab. 



No comments:

Post a Comment