Thursday, February 19, 2015

High Fat, Low Carb

I have a 40 minute commute into work every morning. I try to leave my house by 6:15am. During this 40 minute commute of mine, I listen to audiobooks or podcasts on my iPhone. I am able to download 7 audiobooks at a time from my library, so I usually do. 

A few months ago I listened to Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis and just last month I listened to Grain Brain by Dr. David Perlmutter. 

Interesting stuff, for sure. There were a lot of studies and scientific terms tossed around but the long and short of it is that your brain is made of fat and you should eat fat because it is healthy for your head. Carbohydrates are responsible for the obesity epidemic and we should eliminate bread, wheat and gluten products from our diet.

So in December, I have virtually eliminated gluten from my diet. I haven't eaten bread in 3 months! In fact, there was a recent article in USA today about how cholesterol is not really bad for you. Anyways, check out those books if you are bored. Take notice of the new science these days. Its pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment