Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lynda.com

My school district has purchased a school subscriptions to Lynda.com. This is a website that plays online video courses. Each course is broken down into managable 3-8 minute clips on each subject. The site reminds me of how Udemy.com is set up. On that site, you have to purchase each lesson individually but the delivery format is about the same.

I have watched a couple courses that were suggested by the technology department. One was about how to influence people and the other one was about how do a presentation. Both were pretty interesting and informative given by experts that knew the topics well. Although the videos didn't have very much to do with teaching in the classroom, I can see the value of knowing how to do both.

I have spend some time browsing the education section and have found some clips that interest me. One was on using PowerPoint in the classroom. I use Noteability a lot but I am not against setting up slides in PowerPoint and projecting them with my iPad. A google search for powerpoint presentations and what ever topic you are interested in presenting should result in plenty of results. I googled "Metric system powerpoint" and found a pretty neat .ppt on metric system conversions that I am going to use tomorrow. The PowerPoint App on iOS actually works pretty good to display a presentation. I can use my wireless keyboard to progress the slides also.

RLK







No comments:

Post a Comment